Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tell Yourself the Truth - Desktop Download #4

Sometimes I stop by utmost.org to read the daily slice from Oswald Chambers (from My Utmost for His Highest). Today I noticed the quote on the sidebar, and felt it resonate with how I sometimes struggle with my outlook on life.
"Am I getting nobler, better, more helpful, more humble, as I get older? Am I exhibiting the life that men take knowledge of as having been with Jesus, or am I getting more self-assertive, more deliberately determined to have my own way? It is a great thing to tell yourself the truth."
-Oswald Chambers, The Place of Help, 1005 R
Unfortunately I often find myself acting in the way he tries to steer us away from. I love how he finishes his convicting thought: "It is a great thing to tell yourself the truth." He passes no judgement: its up to us to see the truths in our own lives and know when its time to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment